Cosmetic dentistry services at Richard D. Weigand, DDS in Spokane, WA can transform your smile. Would you like a subtle change or a modification to the shape or size of a few teeth? Maybe you want to dramatically brighten the shade? Or improve the spacing and alignment of all your teeth? Dr. Weigand can help with personalized smile-enhancing solutions that truly bring your smile to life.
Composite fillings, or tooth-colored fillings, are used to restore decayed teeth. The material is precisely matched to the color of your natural teeth, so it blends in seamlessly. Dr. Weigand will remove the decay and fill the void with composite material to return your tooth to its natural strength and beauty.
We may recommend a composite filling for the following reasons:
- To repair a chipped or cracked tooth
- To restore decayed teeth
- To replace older amalgam (metal) fillings
While in the past, it was common for fillings to be made of dental amalgam, composite materials are becoming increasingly more popular due to their natural look and ability to withstand everyday wear and tear. Most importantly, composite is mercury-free—so you don’t have to worry about any negative health effects that are associated with amalgam fillings.
If you have any amalgam fillings you would like to replace, contact our office today! Dr. Weigand will be happy to talk with you about mercury-free dentistry during a personal consultation and provide you with a beautiful, composite filling.
A dental veneer is a thin porcelain restoration, meticulously designed to seat over the front of a tooth. The veneer is fabricated by a ceramist in a professional dental laboratory. Usually, upper front teeth (four, six, or eight) that show when you smile are veneered. However, teeth in the lower arch can also be treated, as well as a single tooth.
Veneers are cemented in place for long-term enhancement, correcting the appearance of conditions such as:
- Chips, fractures, or natural imperfections in the enamel
- Spaces between teeth
- Teeth that look too short, too long, or have an unusual shape
- In some cases, teeth that are worn down (although Dr. Weigand may recommend a nightguard to protect veneers from further bruxism damage)
- Stubborn discoloration that resists bleaching
- Minor misalignment that does not warrant clear aligners
A crown is sometimes called a tooth cap because it covers the tooth structure. While crowns can be made of gold, other metals, or a thin shell of porcelain over a metal core, Dr. Weigand finds his patients are most satisfied with lustrous all-porcelain crowns. The natural appearance is especially important for a front tooth crown, but modern dental ceramics are strong enough for molar restorations, too.
Dr. Weigand may recommend a tooth crown in these situations:
- Severe tooth decay, leaving a cavity too large to support a composite filling
- Damaged teeth, such as a piece broken off or a significant fracture
- Teeth worn down or damaged from bruxism (clenching and grinding)
- Protect a tooth that has had root canal therapy
- As the finishing restoration of a dental implant to replace a missing tooth
- As anchors for a dental bridge
Full Mouth Rehabilitation
A smile makeover is much more than tooth restoration. It is a life-altering decision that can transform your smile and rebuild your confidence with a combination of cosmetic and restorative dentistry techniques.
Missing teeth, discoloration and stains, chipped or fractured teeth, and tooth decay affects the appearance and function of the smile. Dr. Weigand designs a treatment plan to meet your smile rehabilitation objectives. With more than 30 years in practice, he has seen countless situations that prove a one-size-fits-all approach to dentistry is not effective. Each patient has a different set of circumstances, unique needs, and varying goals. Dr. Weigand is dedicated to getting to know you and your specific needs. You get a treatment plan that results in a smile you feel comfortable in—physically and emotionally.
Services that can be incorporated in full mouth rehabilitation include:
- Bridges to replace missing teeth
- Bridges to replace a full arch of teeth with amazing stability
- Teeth whitening for dramatic results in about an hour
- Porcelain veneers for beautiful smile symmetry
- Composite fillings that do not advertise past tooth decay like silver-colored mercury restorations
- Orthodontics and clear aligners for a straighter smile
First impressions are often the longest-lasting, and our smile is the first thing most people notice. Dr. Weigand was trained at the Las Vegas Institute (LVI) for advanced dental studies, Pacific Aesthetic Continuum (PAC-Live), and The SPEAR Center for dental education to learn the most up-to-date techniques in smile transformation. He strives to provide treatment that lays the foundation for your success in social and professional interactions. Call today to schedule your cosmetic consultation!